Everything came together like clockwork on this robe, which is not usually the case when I sew clothing. I found the perfect fabric in Anna Marie Horner's Field Study line that is the just the right combination of colorful pattern and bright polka dots to make a lightweight copy of a favorite flannel robe. My mom just happened to find the McCall's M5248 pattern that I used in high school fashion class, which had an unused robe pattern that was almost an exact replica of the robe I wanted to duplicate.
I meant to edit the pattern a bit more to make as faithful a copy of my winter J. Crew robe, but I used the pattern pieces pretty faithfully. I did crop the sleeves for warmer weather, and added a bit of extra fabric in the back panel to accommodate my expanding waistline. I also added the pocket and piping around the collar and cuffs, which added some finicky finishing work but was totally worth it.
If I make the pattern again, I would be more careful not to stretch the bias tape especially as I am sewing it along the shawl collar, to avoid too much extra seam ripping. I would also add a few inches to the length of the main sections and add any extra width to the front panels instead of the back. That said, this is probably the happiest I've ever been with an article of clothing I've made for myself. Bring on the maternity ward!